This year for our office Halloween contest theme, I’m doing Bride of Frankenstein. I’ve decorated my cubicle area as Frankenstein’s laboratory with some elements from the movie and some not. This first prop that I made, was just a simple mad scientist lab prop.
To create this prop I used:
I purchased the gauges and knobs on Etsy, the steampunk lamp on Amazon, and the wooden box, vintage light bulb, Styrofoam, dowels, and hot glue from a craft store. The box I bought was pre-stained.
- I cut the dowels down to about 4″ and hot glued them into the radio knobs.
- I drilled holes into the box large enough for the dowels to go through. (The open end of the box faces the back.
- I put the dowels through the drilled holes into Styrofoam blocks. This allows the radio knobs to be able to be turned.
- I glues the gauges onto the box above the knobs.
- I placed the steampunk lamp on top of the box with a vintage light bulb.
This was a quick and easy project. Once you gather the materials, this takes a half hour to make, maybe an hour tops.