My next prop for Halloween is Billy Butcherson.
After Halloween last year I picked up some styrofoam body parts on clearance, a skull and a torso.
I started off the project by covering the styrofoam in a sealer. I picked one up at one of the craft stores, but don’t remember which one. They are usually in the same location as the styrofoam.
After sealing the styrofoam, I started to use my model clay to make a nose and lips for the skull. I’m not an artist, but I’m pretty happy with that nose.
Now comes lots of painting. The torso wasn’t so bad, the face had many, many layers of paint. Plus adding eye balls and eyelids (clay).
I finally smoothed our the face with some watered down paint and Hodge Podge. Oh and seeing the lips closed too! I purposefully had his lips protrude out some so I could see through them.
The final step after all the painting was to spray paint the torso and head with polyurethane to help water proof his paint.
I inserted some wooden skewers in the torso and attached the head. The wig is actually an Edward Scissorhands wig. I used a black drape for his coat. A spooky cloth for his ascot thing. And some zombie hand stakes for his hands. I also inserted a sturdy garden stake into the ground and pushed his torso on over top it to stake him into the ground.
I think I’m pretty proud of him.