My Halloween theme this year is One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. So I started to make my props already. One of the props I started with is the PA system. I made this prop from this photo. It’s not a complete view of the PA system, so I had to make some stuff up.
I bought a plain box for the PA system cabinet and painted it brown (I think I bought this a Michael’s). I bought a plain shower head and shower hose for the microphone (both purchased at Lowes). I drilled a whole through the box for the microphone “hose.” In order to try to hold up the big heavy “microphone” I ran three wire hangers up through the tube to try to keep the hose bendable, yet still hold up the microphone.
I bought this little toggle switch on Amazon. I drilled another hole through the box for the switch. I used some felting to cover some of the hole, because the hole on the light switch cover I bought was a bit big.
Once everything was hot glued in place, I let it set a bit. I used little jewels to simulate the lights. And I used a lot of hot glue.
I finished it up with some Black Slider and a sample of vinyl I purchased on Ebay. I also bought Dymo label maker so I could make the blue labels on the switch. Overall I’m pretty happy with my little prop. I had a lot of fun making it and figuring out how to make it.